Texas Counties Deliver – learn how county government serves you


The military services encourages all military personnel to file their discharge papers (DD 214) with the county clerk in the county of residence. Texas Local Government Code, Section 192.002 authorizes the county clerk to file the military discharge at no cost. Filing the military discharge provides a permanent record for future proof of service for veterans' benefits.  The original is returned to the owner after recording. Military Discharge records are considered confidential.

Return to County Clerk Home Page