Texas Counties Deliver – learn how county government serves you
Washington County Addressing

Aaron Harmon
Addressing and Mapping Coordinator
3650 State Highway 36 N
Brenham, TX 77833
Phone (979) 277-6279
Email wacaddressing@washingtoncountytx.gov
Washington County Seal
  • Name of road
    Property owner's name(s)
    Adult's name(s) Who will live here (who may receive mail) if different than owner's name(s)
    Property identification number This is the R number listed by the Appraisal District
    Property type What will this property be used for?

    Contact phone number(s)
    Email So we may email you your address verification letter
    Description Please provide a description of any houses on the property, and also of the driveway entrance
    Mobile home If this is a mobile home being moved in, please let us know the size

    Nearest neighbor's address If possible, please provide the address of your nearest neighbor
    Additional comments Please provide any additional comments or details that can help us find your driveway and / or home
    Acknowledgement If you move your driveway *AFTER* an address has been assigned, you may need to have your address changed.

Press the enter key or spacebar to expand or collapse the accordion

About our office

If you are in the process of building any type of building or structure in Washington County, and need a 911 address (physical address), please contact Aaron Harmon at the number above. This office assigns physical addresses to any property in Washington County that is not within the incorporated City of Brenham. In order for this office to assign an address to your property, please have the following information when you call.
  1. The owner's name and, if recently purchased, the previous owner's name.
  2. The closest neighbor or address, preferably on the same side of the road.
  3. What we will be able to see from the road, at your driveway or gate entrance.
  4. Is there a driveway? If not, we need to know where one is planned to be installed.
If you feel your entrance will need a culvert, contact either Washington County Engineering and Development Services (979-277-6275) or the Texas Department of Transportation (979-836-9359). This will depend on whether you are entering from a county maintained road or a state maintained road (examples of state maintained roads are state highways and farm-to-market roads). If you are requesting an address and you do not have a driveway or gate, you will need to mark where your new entrance will be with flags or wooden stakes before it can be addressed.
If you are in the incorporated City of Brenham and need an address, please call (979) 337-7421.
Services Provided

  • Creation of new addresses
  • Confirmation of existing addresses
  • Green address sign creation
  • Providing GIS support to county departments in the form of maps, GPS information, and spatial awareness applications
  • Collection of GPS data for county asset management
  • Creation of maps for public information
Frequently Asked Questions

How do I find out what my 911 address should be?
Complete the Physical Address Request Form above to request a new address. For verification of an existing address, call the (979) 277-6279.
I just bought a lot in a subdivision that is currently being developed, why can't I get an address at the moment?
We only start addressing new subdivisions once they have been deemed sufficiently complete, meaning the majority of the work has been complete and only small details remain that do not pose a hazard to public safety.
If you have any questions regarding subdivision development, please contact Washington County Engineering and Development Services at (979) 277-6275.
Why doesn’t my 911 address come up on Google, Google Earth, Garmin, delivery services, or other software correctly?
BVCOG is the central location for addressing within our 7 county region. Washington County’s mapping information is sent to BVCOG weekly. Companies such as Google and other commercial GPS services can reach out to BVCOG for current mapping and GIS data, readily available to retrieve, including mapping for Washington County. It is the responsibility of those agencies to update their databases with the provided information.
In addition, BVCOG sends weekly data updates to the Regional Postmaster, which includes address changes or additions. However, mail services such as UPS, USPS, and FedEx are responsible for contacting the Regional Postmaster to retrieve updated or new data.
Washington County does not send mapping or addressing information directly to Google or other GPS services.
What can you do to try to get your 911 address placement correct on Google, Google Earth, Garmin, FedEx, etc.?
First, confirm your 9-1-1 address with our office at (979) 277-6279. Once you have confirmed your address, you might choose to look your address up on whichever service you prefer to use. Many of them have a way to use their interactive tools on their website to enter your corrected address and/or location. They do not confirm this with our office directly, nor are they required to share this correction with any other company.