Texas Counties Deliver

Washington County Environmental Health

Washington County Seal

A Division of

Washington County Engineering and Development Services
3650 Highway 36 North
Brenham, Texas 77833
Phone 979-277-6290     Fax 979-277-6242


    None at this time

  • Current Fee Schedule

    We accept Cash, Checks, Money Orders and Credit/Debit Cards.  Fees are non-refundable.

    Make Checks and Money Orders payable to Washington County.  Please do not mail cash.

    Non-profit organizations must submit verification of their status to qualify for the reduced OSSF permit fee; such as federal tax status as a 501(c)(3) or their filing with the Texas Secretary of State.

    A 2.75% processing fee will be charged to your card and paid directly to Certified Payments.

    Credit/Debit Card payments may also be made online and by phone thru Certified Payments.

    To pay online: Go to Certified Payments

    To pay by phone: Call Certified Payments toll-free at 1-866-549-1010, and enter Bureau Code 5299494 when prompted.

    For assistance with online and phone payments, please call Certified Payments at 1-866-539-2020.

  • Water Well Drillers Reports

    Search for Water Well Reports 2002 & Older (TCEQ)


    Search for Water Well Reports 2003 & Newer (TWDB)


    Drinking Water Testing

    Sample bottles and instructions are available at no charge from our office and from the AgriLife Extension office at 1305 E. Blue Bell Rd.  This is provided for convenience; you will have to collect the sample, take it to the lab, and handle everything thru the lab.


    More extensive water testing can be done thru the local AgriLife Extension office by contacting them at (979) 277-6212 or go to Washington County AgriLife Extension.


    Learn More About Water Wells thru The Private Well Class

    Private Well Disinfection and Water Sampling


    Food Establishments Operating in Washington County

    Food establishment permits, inspections, and complaints for all types of retail food establishments operating in the unincorporated areas of Washington County and within the City of Burton are handled by the Texas Department of State Health Services.  For assistance contact the Texas Department of State Health Services Foods Licensing Group at 512-834-6626 or go to: TDSHS.  Food Establishments operating within the City of Brenham please contact the Brenham Health Inspector at 979-337-7216 or go to: Brenham Health Inspector


    Texas Drought Monitor Map


    Texas Burn Bans Map


    County Roads and Bridges

    For information on County road maintenance and repairs, drainage, low-water crossings and culverts, driveway access, roadside mowing, debris removal, road sign installation and maintenance, subdivision platting and variances, underground utility line regulations, and to purchase an address sign, contact Washington County Engineering and Development Services


    To obtain or verify a physical address number in the unincorporated areas of Washington County, contact Washington County Addressing


Washington County Engineering and Development Services Web Map Application


If you experience problems using our webpage, please notify Mark Marzahn by email at mmarzahn@washingtoncountytx.gov or by phone at 979-277-6290 x 3.