Texas Counties Deliver – learn how county government serves you
Fair Housing


If you have been denied housing based on your race, color, national origin, religion, sex, family status, or disability, this is housing discrimination and it is illegal by federal law.  If you believe you are a victim of housing discrimination, you can file a housing discrimination complaint by using the following options:

Call your local contact: Polk County Habitat for Humanity at 936-328-8529.

Contact the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) by phone at 1-888-452-4778.

In Person: 1117 Trinity Street, Room 144, Austin, TX 78701

By Mail:
Attn: Civil Rights Division
1117 Trinity Street, Room 144-T

Austin, TX 78701

Access the TWC Housing Discrimination Complaint Form

Visit the Texas Workforce Commission’s website for additional information.


Contact the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)

By Phone: 1-888-560-8913 / TTY (817) 978-5595

By Mail:
Attn: Fair Housing Enforcement Center

801 North Cherry, 27th Floor

Fort Worth, TX 76102

You can print out a form, complete, and mail it.

If you choose to mail your complaint in letter format, be sure to include the following information:

  • Your name and address
  • The name and address of the person your complaint is about
  • The address of the house or apartment you were trying to rent or buy
  • The date when this incident occurred
  • A short description of what happened

You can click below to complete an online HUD complaint form:

HUD Online Complaint Form

Visit HUD's website for additional information.

Additional Resources:

Fair Housing – It’s Your Right! Poster