Texas Counties Deliver – learn how county government serves you

Cooke County Sheriff’s Office
Frequently Asked Questions


How do I file an offense report?
You can call the Sheriff’s Office non-emergency phone number at 940-665-3471 or in person in the lobby of the Sheriff’s Office, located at 300 County Road 451 Gainesville, Texas 76240.

How do I obtain a crash report?
You can contact the Texas High Patrol Office at 940-668-5417 to speak with a State Trooper, or go online to TXDOT website to download a Driver’s Crash Report (CR-2 Blue form) or obtain a crash report from a previous accident. 

How do I report drug activity or other crime tips anonymously?
Please submit tips to tips@co.cooke.tx.us for suspected drug activity or crime tips.

How do I pay a citation?
You can pay in person at the Justice of the Peace office, in the precinct you were cited in, or go online to Cooke County Justice of the Peace portal.

How do I provide money to an inmate housed at Cooke County Detention Center?

Spending money for inmate accounts has to be in the form of a money order. In the pay to line of the money order, put “Inmate Trust Fund” only. The address line should contain the inmates name and SO# (inmate number). You may look up an inmate's number on this page . On the purchaser’s line, put the name of the person sending the money order.

When are the Jail visitation hours? 

Monday and Saturday
1:00pm – 3:00pm

Wednesday night
7:30pm – 9:00pm
  Monday and Saturday
3:00pm – 4:00pm

Thursday night
7:30pm – 9:00pm

How do I apply for a job with the Cooke County Sheriff’s Office?

Visit the Human Resources office in the Courthouse at 101 South Dixon Street, Room 315 Gainesville, Texas or go online to the Human Resources website for Employment Opportunities

Click here to view our recruiting brochure.