Colorado County Courthouse Annex
Spring Street, Room 102
Columbus, Texas 78934
Phone: (979) 732-2710
Fax: (979) 732-9622
***The Tax Assessor Collector’s office will be closed for lunch from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm Monday, April, 3rd to Thursday, April 6th.
Our office will be closed on Friday April 7th in observance of Good Friday.***
Tax Assessor Collector Office Hours – Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
*Tax Assessor Collector office hours are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances. Please call office at number listed above prior to visit to confirm office will be open.
Forms of payments accepted by the Tax Assessor Collector’s office are cash, check, money order, cashier’s check and/or credit card. (For all Credit Card payments, 2.38% will be charged as a processing fee, minimum purchase of $1.00 is required.)
A $30.00 fee will be issued for any returned checks. (Driver’s license and phone number required for check payments.)
To renew any registration (vehicle, trailer, RV, etc.), the TxDMV is required to sell to the registered owner. If not registered owner you must present Authorization Letter.
- Please have your Driver’s License to verify registered owner and address.
- If your Driver’s License or government ID does not have a Colorado County address we will need proof of residency, (i.e. electric bill, cable bill, etc.) with a Colorado County address.
- If you are not the registered owner and renewing for a family member, friend, etc., we will need the registered owner’s consent to sell their renewal.
- We accept written consent with a copy of the registered owner’s driver’s license or you can call the registered owner at the time of purchase to give verbal consent.
- If the TxDMV system requires a insurance verification we need to see your current insurance card before registration renewal can be processed.
- We accept cash, checks, money orders and credit cards as form of payment for registration renewals. There will be a processing fee for credit cards processed for payment.
- Please include Driver’s License and phone number on your check.
- There will be a $30 return check fee.
The Tax Assessor Collector Office will be processing Boat Registrations only on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM. Boat title transfer transactions are not processed at the Colorado County office.